Friday 14 December 2012

TAGS & BANNERS @ FUSSY & FANCY



...the heart that gives, gathers...
-Tao Te Ching -


...hello everyone, yes two postings from me today, a first I think!...that's because it's challenge time over at Fussy & Fancy, and for the next fortnight is 'Tags & Banners' and today I'm sharing with you my design team piece, I hope you like...


...a plain manilla tag was put through one of Tim's festive embossing folders, then the yummy salty ocean distress ink was swiped through the middle & walnut ink around the edges, once heat dried snow cap paint dabber was brushed over the entire tag to give that shabby effect...


...this gorgeous Christmas bauble was given to me, I covered it with some yummy festive paper from my stash and gave the edges the frantage treatment, this stuff is just amazing and comes in some lovely shabby colour ways...the mini banner was cut from the Tiny Tabs Die...


...the seam binding hanger was inked up with weathered wood for that cold frosty feel...well that's my tag, I look forward to seeing your creations, why not pop over to the Fussy & Fancy challenge blog,  here http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ and see the rest of the teams fabulous creations, I do hope you'll be inspired to join us...
xxx

23 comments:

  1. Ooooh great tag Mel and love how you've done the Joy with the alteration dies.

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous background - if you had stopped there I still would have loved it! Great tag Mel. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really beautiful tag Mel, loving the blue embossed background and the gorgeous bauble and the frantage. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just so pretty, thanks for the walk through. I don't think I have ocean...hmm I feel a little shopping trip coming on.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tag, love the textures! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this LOTS Mel. That colour blending and use of powders works extremely well. Been over to Fussy and Fancy to see it in its full glory too. Superb. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag and the bunting with JOY on it is really eye catching.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW loveley this BEAUTIFULL tag Mel!!!!!
    Great work again!!!!
    Greetz Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tag Mel, Beautiful bauble great use of the frantage... Love the background design & the colour blending is superb!! Hugs May x x x x

    I have just noticed that my comments I left for your other posts are not there! Yikes Mr Blogger playing tricks again... I will try again...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tag Mel, love the painty background & your bauble is fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bright blue! Pop! Fab Christmas make...fun and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful - I love the depth you have achieved and the blu and silver is gorgeous. By the way - you look every bit as young as your kids!!!!!!
    Happy Holidays
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mel my sweet friend, what can I say ???
    Yes your work rock, is absolutely unique and inspire me.
    Fantastic shabby design.
    Love them. Very festive.

    Have a wonderful week Sweetie.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a fabby tag Mel...loving the background and that sparkly bauble!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mel, your tag is awesome! Love the background. Love the little "JOY" banner that stretches across it! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my birthday album. Have a great week and a very Merry Christmas! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is really gorgeous - it has so much depth and sparkly dimension. Beautifully created - beautiful colors!
    Happy Holidays!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag and as always, your detail is just fabulous...

    If I don't get round to visiting before Christmas, I just wanted to say thank you for all your support during 2012 and I hope you and your loved ones have a very merry Christmas and a very happy 2013!!!

    Love and hugs, Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful tag Mel. I love the techniques you've used and adding the dabber makes a fantastic finish - so glad you shared that one and thank you!
    The ornament looks fab with the paper and the little bunting is a wonderful finishing touch.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful tags on your blog and great inspiration. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tag Mel! Love the colours and the embossed background!
    Greetings, Yvon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey ya, hows things? long time no posts. Hope all is well and you had a good xmas? mark

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the ornament on this background...awesome dimension!

    ReplyDelete

...thank you so much for taking the time to drop by my blog...Mel :)